Monday, March 31, 2008
* As many as 77 percent of all women have fibroids.
* Between 20 and 40 percent of fibroids create symptoms such as excessive bleeding or pain.
* Over six hundred thousand hysterectomies are performed in the United States each year, 89 percent of them for benign conditions.
* Fibroids account for approximately 45 percent of all hysterectomies.
* Women using hormone replacement therapy are at greater risk for continued symptoms of fibroids compared to women who do not use hormone replacement therapy.
Information contained within this site is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your physician or other health provider for any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.