We all Have a Second Chance.... Empowering Women

Monday, November 5, 2007

My Anemia Was Cured in 3 Months - Blackstrap Molasses

Blackstrap Molasses

One of the symtoms I have had to address since the invasion of fibroid tumors, and the fact that these things inhale blood like a blood bank in a drout season, is being anemic. If you are anemic then you may have some of the symptoms below.

Symptoms of anemia may include the following:

Fatigue
Trouble breathing
Chest pain
Abdominal pain
Weight loss
Weakness
Dizziness and passing out, especially upon standing

The main one for me was fatigue I would think nothing to sleeping a good nine hours a night. Upon rising I would feel like I had being out doing shots all night before coming home at 5 a.m. throwing up a few times, then falling asleep on the bathroom floor only to be awakened by the alarm clock getting me up for work 2 hours later.

I would love to say I sleep like a baby since I no longer have anemia but I am still working on this one. I think it is a screaming baby not a sleeping baby.

Because a low red blood cell count decreases oxygen delivery to every tissue in the body, anemia causes many signs and symptoms. It makes almost any other underlying medical condition worse. For example, if you have an underlying heart problem and become anemic, you are more likely to have problems associated with your heart disease than you would have if you were not anemic.

How severe the anemia is will determine how severe the signs and symptoms will be.
When I found out I was anemic my Doctor told me to get on the iron pills immediately and start eating a cow a day (red meat). Well that was all fine and dandy for her to say but those iron pills will blow you up like a balloon on the way to the moon. I mean come on I already have a couple of fibroid tumors in my gut the size of grapefruits and now she was telling me to throw in some exploding atomic bombs.

My recommendations are if you have to take iron pills slowly work your way into them and let your body get used to the fiber instead of loading up on the pills like you are leaving town for a month.

Blackstrap Molasses:

Blackstrap molasses has cured my anemia I take 2 table spoons 2x per day. It has all kinds of health benefits and I do not have to feel like I am 9 months pregnant like I did when I was just taking the iron pills.



This is how I like to take it....

MIX the following:

2 tbls blackstrap molasses
1/3 cup of hot water
1 tbls of fresh ground flaxseed (great source of fiber)
A little orange juice (helps your body to absorb the iron faster)
A floater of Kefir Milk

You can also just take it right of the spoon this is just one of my little creations. It actually tastes really good almost like a mocha. You mix of juices with it sometimes I will use pomegranate juice which is a great antioxidant. The kefir milk is live milk which helps to alkalize your system.
You can just play with it and see what recipes you can come up with.

You can use where ever you would normally use sugar your tea, coffee, or cereal.
I managed to raise my blood count back up to just above normal and that’s great. I still get tired but at least I know that it is not because of the anemia.

If you come up with any good recipes for using blackstrap molasses then please share them so other people can benefit from your creativity in the kitchen.

Take a look at the following links to find out more about the different types of iron supplements and blackstrap molasses capsuals.

Author: Tracy Braime

_____________________________________________

Brought to you by Tracy Braime the official site of http://www.fibroidalliance.blogspot.com/

Join Fibroid Alliance :

Serving women in the boycott against fibroid tumors and living life with a healthy mind, body and spirit.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thank you for the great information, my mom is anemic and the iron pills just do not seem to be helping her no matter how long or how religiously she takes them. Her levels are quite low, about a 7. Do you think its safe to take blackstrap molasses along with iron pills?

Information contained within this site is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your physician or other health provider for any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.